Book Editing Services
Cypress Editing is owned and operated by Jennifer Zaczek, an accomplished editorial management professional with extensive experience in editing, proofreading, and project management.
After working in-house at various publications and publishers, including newspapers, a literary magazine, a multipurpose publishing company, and an academic publisher, Jennifer started Cypress Editing. She brings a multitude of skills and publishing knowledge to every project and is committed to delivering quality work.
Cypress Editing originated in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, but is now based out of Portland, Oregon, and serves clients all over the world. Clients include independent authors, publishers, editorial agencies, businesses, and students.
Hire an Experienced Freelance Editor for Your Project
All writers need editors. It’s almost impossible for writers to edit their own writing. Editing involves more than just running spell-check on your word-processing software. The more familiar you are with your work, the less likely you are to catch errors.
- An editor will catch grammatical, spelling, and usage errors that can hurt a writer’s credibility and distract readers.
- An editor will help you revise unclear and ambiguous sentences or phrases so that you do not mislead readers.
- With substantive editing, an editor can improve the flow, structure, and tone of your writing.
- An editor is knowledgeable of style rules (e.g., when to use numerals and when to spell out numbers) that will ensure your writing is consistent.
- An editor will help you communicate clearly to your audience and improve the reader’s experience.